Most everyone has upholstery of some sort in their home or office. Whether an upholstered sofa, sectional, chairs, ottomans, dinning furniture, headboards, office chairs or partition walls we here at The Specialists are here to help! Let’s talk about the low down on upholstery cleaning.
We are certified in upholstery cleaning by the IICRC, which is the world’s most recognized certification for upholstery cleaning. Why would this be important just to have your upholstery cleaned? First and foremost is to have someone who is specifically trained and certified to clean your upholstery. You have invested money into your furniture and want to keep it looking its best. Secondly, you spend a lot of time around or on your upholstery, you want it clean and sanitized by a professional. Finally, a true professional has the skill of an artisan to help you maintain the beauty of your of upholstery.
Soil is defined as any foreign substance that is not a desired part of the fiber or construction. Real soil, or actual soil is just that, a substance on the fibers that causes a change in appearance, feel or smell. Some examples are: sand, dirt, pet hair, food spills, oil, urine and so on. Most soil that accumulates on fabrics consists of dry particulate matter. It is estimated that 79% of the soil in most fabrics is dry particulate matter, usually of an air-born nature and may be removed by simply vacuuming your upholstery. However, when you regularly professionally clean your upholstery, it helps keep it looking its best both visually and also it keeps it smelling fresh and clean.
Our process is that we will:
- Pre-inspect the upholstered item to determine the fabric content. This helps us determine the best techniques to be used. We will also point out any potential of permanent stains or areas of concern on your upholstery.
- Prepare the area. We then prepare the area to protect your surrounding furnishings.
- Pre-treat the fabric of your upholstery if needed. This helps emulsify the soil.
- Pre-groom. We pre-groom your upholstery gently using soft brushes or towels to loosen the soil.
- Soil Extraction and Rinse. The soil is then extracted from the upholstery fabric with a gentle, controlled rinse.
- Post Spot: Any remaining spots will be treated with special stain removal products. For longer fabric life and fewer permanent stains, we highly suggest having our green fabric protector applied after this post stop upholstery cleaning step.
- Post Groom. Fabrics with a pile (such as velvet or microfiber) will be gently combed with a special fabric brush.
- Post Cleaning Inspection. Our technician will review the cleaning results of your upholstery with you to ensure that your expectations have been met or exceeded.
Here are some examples of our Upholstery Cleaning. You can check out all our before and after pictures here.
We service the greater Sacramento area, including El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Roseville, Lincoln. Be sure to call us today to book your Upholstery, Carpet, Tile and Grout or Rug cleaning needs today at 916-348-7018.