Spring Cleaning With The Specialists
Spring Cleaning with The Specialists
It is that time of year when we all spring clean our homes. Here are some helpful tips, tricks and reminders from your team at The Specialists.
Here is a good checklist for your home:
- Take down and wash or dry clean your curtains. Don’t forget your blinds if you have them, they need a deep clean as well.
- Clean your lampshades. Take a soft brush and get into the crevices. Vacuum them thoroughly.
- Deep clean your upholstery. Pull it away from its usual spot, clean underneath it. It is amazing what can collect under there! Vacuum the entire piece of upholstery. Pull the cushions off and vacuum them thoroughly. Get every nook and cranny it is always astounding the dust than can build up in there. Keep your air quality high! If it has been more than 12 months, call us today to schedule us to come and clean it professionally. This will help get stains off as well, making your upholstery looking its best.
- Area rugs. Deep clean them and rotate them. We can help you with this! If you have a synthetic rug(s), we can do a top down cleaning that will freshen it up. If you have wool rugs (or other natural fibers) we can pick up the rug, take it to our shop and give it a thorough cleaning. We will deliver it back to you and help you lay it out again.
- Rug padding. How old is your rug padding? Do you have the correct padding for your area rug? A lot of dirt and dust can collect in your padding. We sell rug padding for your rug. A quality, clean rug pad can not only extend the life of your beautiful rug, but also keep your air quality clean by being fresh.
- Tile & Grout. Do a deep clean on your tile and grout. We recommend using our own tile and grout cleaner for best results. If it has been more than 18 months, it is really time to have us come out, deep clean the tile and grout as well as seal your grout. Did you know that we hand seal your grout lines?
- A thorough vacuuming done weekly does help. But what of stubborn pet hair? A good rubber groomer run through the carpet will help lift that up for you. Always vacuum your carpet North to South and then East to West to help dislodge any stubborn fur. If it has been more than 12 months, now is a fantastic time to consider having us come out and give a deep clean to your carpets. We also offer our Green Guard to help protect it. We highly recommend it for those high traffic areas.
From Davis to El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Granite Bay, Lincoln and all points in between, we are here to help keep your home looking beautiful! Be sure to check out our before and after gallery to our work.